By following these instructions and tips we are confident that you will get the most enjoyment from your candle.
- Remove your crystal before proceeding to light the wick. The crystal is intended to be a keep-sake and serves no purpose inside of the candle.
- ALWAYS trim your wick to about 6-8mm before you re-light your candle. Be sure not to over trim your wick, as you may not be able to re-light your candle. Cut the wick only when the wax has hardened.
- Cotton wicks will mushroom, this is a natural character of the wick, always remove the mushroom before and during burning if burning for prolonged periods. This will ensure a long lasting candle.
- Towards the end of your candle’s life, please leave around 1 cm of wax at the bottom to finish. Please do not let the wick continue to burn once the wax has almost evaporated, as there is simply not enough wax to absorb the heat below this level.
- NEVER leave an open flame unattended. Place candles in a safe place away from children or pets.
- Candles should never be left to continuously burn for over 4 hours.
- When extinguishing your candle, never blow out the flame. Always use a candle snuffer to extinguish the flame. Alternatively dip the wick in wax to distinguish the candle and then set the wick upright ready for the next burn. Allow candle to cool and harden before relighting them.
- When lighting a soy candle for the first time, allow the wax to melt all the way to the sides of the container. This will give you maximum fragrance and an even burn. Scented candles develop a ‘burn memory’ and a candle that has not been burnt right to the edges on its initial use, will ‘tunnel’ and burn unevenly through the centre of the wax.
- Ensure you position your scented candle away from drafts. A draft can result in an uneven burn and will reduce the life of your candle.
- A candle can get very hot, especially burning for more than 3 hours. So ensure candles are placed on a heat resistant and level stable surface.
- Never move or touch a burning candle.
- Remove candles from their packaging before burning.
- Do not leave your candle in direct sunlight as it may discolour. It will not affect the candle in any way; it just loses its creamy white colour.
NOTE: You can recycle your tin vessel. Soy wax is super soft and a finished candle can easily be gently cleaned under hot water. Allow to air dry before use.