No Products in the Cart
Glenwood is not just a farming business but a way of life - we aim to achieve a harmonious balance between the landscape, animals, business and our family.
It could be said that Merino is the only fibre in the world that helps to regenerate the land. Our Merino sheep are managed to mimic nature, grazing in large mobs for short periods of time before moving paddocks, allowing the land to rest and regenerate its native flora as it has done for thousands of years.
Merino is a planet-friendly fibre made from the simple combination of sunlight, water and grass. It is made of up to 50% carbon, stored in a stable form. It is renewable, has the ability to biodegrade without harm to the environment and can be recycled.
Our unique approach to grazing has led to the re-emergence of unique species of native grasses thought to be extinct in this area and allows for the regeneration of the top soil - reducing the impacts of drought.
We love our animals and our land. Our story is about caring for the environment and continuous improvement of animal welfare because happy sheep produce the best Merino in the world!
- Non-mulesed and naturally resistant to fly strike;
- Raised in a low stress environment with minimal chemical use;
- Free to roam all year round grazing as nature intended; and
- “Plain bodied” with no wrinkles, allowing easy shearing.
LoveMerino products are made with fibre sourced exclusively from Glenwood using a new generation of Merino sheep called SRS®, developed by ex-CSIRO researcher Dr Jim Watts.
SRS® Merinos have been developed over the last 20 years as part of an intensive R&D program. The outcome is a plain-bodied Merino with minimal wrinkle that does not require mulesing, is comfortable in its environment and has exceptionally high levels of fibre density and length. This results in more efficient processing and exceptional end product quality.
Our fibre is simply superior to any other Merino currently available and is the only premium fibre that is truly natural, ethical and sustainable. It is silky soft, lustrous and luxurious and feels more like cashmere than traditional Merino. A product of millions of years of evolution it also has amazing natural properties which include:
- Super soft and non-itchy so you can wear it against the skin.
- Having a deep, rich appearance after dyeing – Making it perfect for our luxury scarves!
- Being an “active” fibre that reacts to changes in body temperature keeping you cool in Summer and warm in Winter.
- Providing natural resistance to wrinkles.
- Having excellent handle and drape which means our scarves effortlessly, elegantly and beautifully follow the form of your body.